Friday, July 15, 2011

STRAWBERRY MALT ICE CREAM PIE


RECIPES THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE THE SMARTEST, CLEVEREST AND MOST AMAZING COOKS IN THE WORLD

Who doesn't love a strawberry malt and who doesn't love a slice of ice cream pie, especially when it has a cookie crust and chocoalte on top? Oh, yes!!!
I decided to make this one day when I realized I needed a special dessert and only had a partially used carton of vanilla ice cream on hand plus a few strawberries that needed to be used. I dug around until I found some old, stale cookies that had been overlooked and a chcoolate candy bar hiding back in the pantry shelf and I was ready to invent and experiment. All I needed was some Malted Milk powder and, sure enough, there it was hiding back there on in the cupboard behind the powdered milk. I LOVE coming up with new ideas and different ways of doing things and I was surprised how easy this went together and how good it actually was when we were finally able to eat it. Here is how I did it:
1 quart vanilla ice cream
3 T. malted milk powder
1 C. strawberries cut into very small pieces
5-6 C. stale hard cookies
1 C. whipping cream, whipped
1 chocoalte candy bar, grated into large pieces
1. Soften the ice cream enough so it's easy to stir.
2. Add the malted milk powder and the strawberry pieces. Set aside
3. In a food processor, put in enough stale cookies to make 3 C. cookie crumbs
4. In a bowl, put the crumbs and 3 T. melted butter. Stir together well
5. Press the cookie crumbs into a 9" glass pie dish
6. Pour the ice cream mixture over the crumb crust
7. Top with the whipped cream and grated chocolate
8. Freeze well before serving. Cut into 6-7 servings.
Enjoy!




No comments: